Friday, November 27, 2009

Let's talk about talk



A couple of days ago, this one rude guy from work, just told me I'm a jerk.I'm still confused why I was so shocked, about the fact that he just called me a jerk or that he hasn't even talked to me ever.There are always these kind of people who think they are pretty awesome and they can tell everybody whatever they want, when things don't go the way they want.Surprisingly, I just told him I don't care what he's saying;and turned my back to him while going back to my work.To be clear, I'll tell you what happened.He's a part time employee.I just returned from my disability, and I'm a full time worker for a year and couple of months.He got really pissed off because the manager gave me his spot permanently and now he has to go somewhere else whenever he comes in(if he comes in).But anyway, this is not important...I wanted to share with you this just to start a lil monologue about how can "talk" make you happy or just simply turn your perfect day into a perfectly shitty one.It is commonly known that tongue is one of the most powerful weapon a man has.It can bring hope or despair, according to King Solomon and other wise men, "death and life are in the power of the tongue: and that they love it shall eat the fruit thereof."(Proverbs 18:21).How many times in your life you failed to do something just because a person who you trust in told you you cannot do that?And how many times did you succeed in your job when somebody patted you on the back and told you:"Come on, you can do it!"..?
Yes, it is amazing when you put it this way.As usual, I am trying to understand how this works, but I guess it's not about understanding how it works, it about understanding and practicing its power.In a good way.Not as a deadly poison, but like a secret weapon of the Good.We, as people, need to talk.This is how we had been made.Ok, one of the reasons.To talk about goodness, about Jesus, life, love, the warmth of friendship and the wonders of the universe.Generally, everybody tries to choose their words wisely, to look like they are somebody, and I condemn nobody.The small problem is, people easily forget the words they talk come out from their heart, so your talk can amaze more men, but in the end your heart will be revealed.No, I'm not trying to ruin your day being a miserable dork, it's just sharing the truth.If you wanna be respected and your talk to be more than some random crap, you should look inside and make some changes.Let's face it, we can run from others, but where would you hide from yourself?
Talking, making a good conversation is art.Knowing when to say, what to say, how to say and more important, when to stop talking and start listening.Much can be said of a person's character by the way they use their tongues.You can lighten up someone's day, and probably even save their lives.What keeps you from doing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day!!!