Wednesday, September 19, 2012

On moving

{photo by me}

          When it comes to moving, I can say I'm a fortunate person. I've lived the first 19 years of my life in the same city, on the same street, with (almost) the same neighbors, in the same apartment. Eddie was not as lucky as me. They have moved around so many times, I get confused every time he tells me some of his memories. However, when time came for me to move, it was a huge change. I moved from Romania to New Jersey, USA. I don't know how much you understand, but let me tell you the difference is so complex, I'm still not 100% accommodated yet. And US have been my home for 4 years already. 
          The first year I longed to go back home. And I went. For 2 weeks. But it didn't feel like home anymore. I didn't know what to talk with my friends. Things have changed, I didn't know what bus to take to go from one place to another, stores closed down or moved and so on. I came back with a broken heart realizing the place where I grew, was my home. It was harder then when I first came to US. 
          A year later when I went back to Romania for 6 months (it was when I got married), I learnt how to let go. I learnt that my real home is not here, and I love how Peter says it: "Friends, this world is not your home, so don’t make yourselves cozy in it." (1 Peter 2:11 MSG). Right in my face. Impossible to interpret other way. I realized being with the ones you love is much more important than when or where you live. I've finally accepted that God doesn't move me around because He's bored. I've learnt a lesson that if I hadn't ever moved I would've never understand it; or even think about it. 
          Couple months ago my husband and I moved to our place. It's not a change as dramatic as the first one, on contrary, it's a blessed, very welcome and needed change. At this point, I'm open to any changes God wants in my our lives. As a family. I know I am blessed to be able to taste a little bit of heaven living my life next to the best husband ever. 
          Have you ever moved? What lessons have you learnt through these experiences?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day!!!