Thursday, August 30, 2012

God speaks my language


       "But here is how God has shown his love for us. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

                                                                                                                                                       (Romans 5:8)




          These last two days I thought a lot of my purple sweater. Not about the endless possibilities how to style it, but the lessons I've learned through it.
          On Monday, while working on my sweater, a thought started to create in my head. A thought about the similarities of this sweater and my life. I was poor, sank in my sins and miseries without any hope of escaping, and "while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me". I often sold myself so cheap, but God, took me in His love and invested in me. Even though there was no potential in me. Yes, there were times of poking and cutting, and sewing, tears, discourage, questions, but in the end, He will transform me in more than just a pretty sweater, I will be His masterpiece. Can you imagine? From nothing to a masterpiece? I've learned to stop complaining if it hurts, or if there is no answer, I've learned to just wait for Him to do His work in me. I've also learned the importance of not only reading the Bible, but learning verses, chapters, even books ( if you can). As soon as the thought about the similarity between my purple sweater and I, it reminded me there is a verse in the Bible that talks about how God showed His love for us that while we still didn't know Him, Christ died for us. I looked in the Bible, and there it was: Romans 5:8. Now I'll never forget this verse ever again.
       
          I am so thankful that God choses to talk to us in our language. He is so mighty that created everything and He keeps us together, yet in the same time He knows us so intimate, that He knows how to get us closer to Him.

This is on repeat today:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day!!!