Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Recap

NYC by v.sch23
NYC, a photo by v.sch23 on Flickr
It was a great year. Long and short in the same time. Filled with wonders and tears... happiness and moments of silence. It couldn't have been more beautiful. Now that is over, I want to share with you 12 highlights of the 2011... 

It started with an unforgettable party at our house in Romania. Friends, family and good cheer...

An odd "good bye" with hopes and incredible faith in what's to come. A good bye with smiles and encouragements instead of tears and "why do we have to do this?"

A lonely, unnoticeable Valentine's Day. No harm at all.

Work, and missing more than ever. Still, not desperate. The hope in me was stronger than anything. And trust in God's plan.

An uneventful birthday, a lot of praying - and prayers answered; we saw how God is holding us in His hands.

A trip to JFK to bring home my Honey!!! (our miracle)

Met my cousin's daughters - first trip to NYC with Eddie.

Got a new job (as a bookkeeper at Hotels Unlimited). I got what I was asking for - a job where to use my brain!

Starting to think more and more about card making, decorating, arts and crafts, wedding decorations and so on...

The best way to celebrate first anniversary - Pocono Mountains. I've seen it with my eyes how God can transform your plans - I would've never had the courage to dream to be with Eddie on our first anniversary. Still, the power of prayer and the faith in the Lord.

More ways God was showing us He is in control - Eddie finding a job. We just need to stay with Him, and the rest, He’s in control of everything.

And, there was a first time when Eddie said it. He finally talked about how hard it is for him to be so far from his family. And I understood him; completely. I prayed and am still praying for him, I know it’s not easy.

Last, but not least, we had a quiet Christmas with the family, we went to NYC the day after Christmas, and spent our New Years with family.

We had a very blessed year. I’m so very thankful for God’s guidance in our lives. I’m so excited about the year that just started, I know we have a great adventure before us. And as long as I’m with Eddie, everything else can just work out!

Happy New Year!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day!!!