Tuesday, March 26, 2013

An analogy


          

          I was thinking the other day about my friend who recently came to US. To make story short, she has never wanted to move to US, but her husband has a job here. Whenever she has the chance she says how much she misses Romania and how badly she wants to go back. She always makes sure people around her understand her feelings towards her country. I understand her. I was the same. I didn’t choose to leave Romania because I was living a great life there. Last week, when we left from our vacation, it just clicked in my mind, we are doing exactly the same thing in our spiritual lives. We’ve been in a dreary “land” without God, being weak and feeling unsecured. Fear was our best friend and we were begging for hope. Concepts such as love and acceptance were strange to us. And then, God revealed himself to us. To me, personally. So I began to hope… fear disappeared, and love is the greatest thing known to me. However, so many times, through my words, or my unconscious decisions or gestures, I express my longing to go back to where I was. It’s so easy to forget the desperation that was constantly present.
"There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death." 
                                                                                                               Proverbs 16:25

We can keep in touch:
 

4 comments:

Your kind words make my day!!!