Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Making magic happen...

{source}
           Is it bad when you're proud of your work? Of how it came out? How you managed to make your ideas happen through your creativity? Sometimes, I am (99.9% I don't say it out loud!). Sometimes, I'm amazed how far the creativity's limits can stretch. Of course, there are many times when I fail miserably. But tonight I want to share with you my latest (and cutest!) of my creations. Last weekend a lady from work turned 29...again(!), and everyone counted on me to make a cute card. I knew I had to come up with something good. Since she likes make-up, there had to be something along those lines, but wasn't sure what and how. I wanted an eyeshadow and mascara. So what do you do when you don't have too much time?... Yes, the answer is Pinterest... There were quite a few ideas, but I liked this one the most.
       


  Using whatever I had home (pink and black Bazzill card stock, ivory card stock, circle cutter, craft knife, stamps, ink, passion and some patience), this came out!!.. Unfortunately, I didn't think of taking pictures while I was making it, so these are the only "after" pictures I have. Inside the blush I wrote "It's never to late to dream bigger!" and the inside was blank for everyone to sign. The birthday girl loved it! She said she never received a card as cool as this one in her entire life. I don't know if she was just being nice, or not. All I know is I enjoyed every single second of the process. And, once again I was reminded you don't need all the expensive tools. Creativity, some basic tools, a lot of patience and passion is all you need.

When was the last time you realized patience and passion are more important than all the fancy tools?

And, since I like parties, I linked up to here:




2 comments:

  1. Clever card! I am sure this is one b-day card she will save. I am glad I came over from your comment left on my post on the diary I bought. I also read your post on your New Year ambitions. Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, thanks for coming over!!! Please come back from time to time :)... Have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Your kind words make my day!!!