Monday, February 27, 2012

Would you pay the price?




I didn’t know I won’t be posting last week, and I missed it. Putting down my words, sometimes they sound crazy, other times, it’s a relief and some other times, maybe the silence is a best friend.
Tonight, I won’t talk about friendships – I don’t feel I can say anything worth reading about a great thing like friendship is. Now, I’m going to share with you some thoughts of mine – and I mean to be short.

I’ve dreamed for a really good and comfortable pair of high-heels  for a while now, but I’m not willing to pay the price – so I just cripple in the cheap ones I have that kill me time every time I wear them. And every time, I promise myself I’ll go and spend $100-$150 for a pair of decent shoes. I hear about this nice store that has good quality shoes, and nice sales, I go there, find a great pair and guess what? Not happening. I get to the store and when time is to pay, I just put them back on the shelf.

We do the same thing with our eternity: we want to go to heaven; we believe there is a God; we heard He gave His only Son to die for our sins (John 3:16), sometimes we even “pray the prayer” – but still – when it comes for us to give  ourselves up, we just can’t make ourselves pay the price. And then, we wonder why we are crippled and blame God why couldn’t He make it much more easier. Not even thinking that we have the power to chose.

Take a moment and mediate – what would you chose: the easy way and awful life and awful eternity, or to give up yourself and have eternal life.

Please keep in mind that, giving yourself up cannot be compared to the price God had to pay to redeem you from your filthy sins and horrible life without hope.

2 comments:

Your kind words make my day!!!