Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Limitless???...

   It's that time when you actually knew all those things all your life but you didn't really know them. And than, there's a moment and it hits you. It hits you hard.

   How many times did you pray "God, help me push my limits.". In this way, you ask God to do amazing things with yourself. For others, and for you. To help you improve your relationship with your family. Have more patience. Risk more. Think more. Learn more. Do something that frightens you. Courage is not the lack of fear. Courage is the overcome of the fear. To be afraid and still do it. You're going to laugh at this, but I'm terrified of making phone calls at my new job. What if I don't understand at all what the other person is talking about? I used to write tons of e-mails and wait half a day for an answer I could've got in 10 seconds. Until couple of weeks ago I started to overcome my groundless fear and start making phone calls. That's magic: people are actually so friendly and ready to help you any time with any problem. What a shock, right?! (not really... sometimes, even I laugh at myself!!.. that's helpless)

{photo via}

    The idea of push your limits is very common among athletes in particular, but yesterday while trying to run more than I usually do, I realized how important is to know how to push your limits. 
    Firstly, stay focused. Never forget your goal. Repeat it frequently to yourself, write it down on a piece of paper and hang it on fridge or make a background picture with it and set it as a wallpaper on your computer. 
   Secondly, Do not lose your faith, either. You can do it! Not because you have an expensive equipment to help with your projects (that could be helpful, but not enough). You can do it because you can do everything through Christ who strengthens you.
  And last, but not least, stay steadfast. Make small steady steps. It won't be easy, and sometimes people around you will discourage you, but never forget your goal. And never forget you didn't grow up in 10 hours or 10 days. It took years and years until you finally were a grown up. The same with pushing your limits. Sometimes, it just takes a while. You just continue reaching for new limits. Because, in the end, if we never push our limits, we'll never know where our limit is!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day!!!