Monday, February 4, 2013

Investing the right way

{source: Google}
        Two of my teachers from high school had the most influence in my life even now after years of not seeing them anymore. I remember one morning, I wasn't paying attention in the class (it was 7:00am, for God's sake I wasn't awake yet!), but I heard my teacher saying "the best way to invest is to invest in people". I thought it was a very interesting remark. Over the years, I've come to understand better what she meant that foggy, cold morning. Recently I read Ecclesiastes 11:1. The NIV version (which I usually read), didn't make too much sense in my head, so I searched for another interpretation. The Message version said
 "Be generous: Invest in acts of charity. Charity yields high returns.
          Merriam-Webster Dictionary's definition of  "charity" is "benevolent goodwill toward or love of humanity". To love the human kind, means to care not only for people’s present, but their future, too. And what’s better than caring for their eternal future? Because, investing in people is investing in people’s souls and investing in their souls, is to invest in eternity. And here comes the vice-versa: "But those who invested in the no-gods are bankrupt - dead broken." Isaiah 42:17


          What was your best investment in the last year?...   
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words make my day!!!